Our Irvine office is seeking a temporary Billing and Collections Specialist. This position is responsible for printing and editing pre-bills; preparing, posting copying, and electronically submitting monthly billing statements; and communicating with clients regarding overdue bills. The Billing and Collections Specialist must be service oriented and have the ability to work easily with a broad range of people, including frequent and ongoing contact with firm attorneys, staff, and clients. The Billing and Collections Specialist must possess experience in billing and finance. Candidate must be technologically savvy with the ability to learn and use billing software. The Billing and Collections Specialist must be organized and have the ability to perform duties independently, but must also keep firm management updated frequently.
As a Billing Specialist, you will:
- Prepare prebills and/or drafts in Timeslips (time & billing software), at the beginning of each billing cycle for all assigned attorneys and verify that prebills capture all unbilled time. Distribute same to assigned attorneys for editing.
- Edit prebills/drafts. Ensure adherence to client billing guidelines and attorney preferences.
- Prepare and print finals for emailing to clients for payment.
- Reconcile, research client accounts, payments, etc. as necessary.
- Track and post client payments.
- Assist attorneys and firm management with collections, including: client contact, notifying attorneys of past due balances that require additional follow-up, emails to clients or former clients. Perform related research, internally or on the internet, for verification of debt and location or status of the client.
- Prepare weekly and monthly billing and collection reports for firm management.
- Track attorney productivity based on billable hours.
- At least two (2) years of relevant billing experience, preferably with a law firm.
- Knowledge of standard billing and collection processes and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of Timeslips (preferred) or other law firm billing software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Knowledge of Netsuite (preferred) or other accounting software.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and under own direction and initiative.
- Billing: 2 years
- Accounts Receivable: 1 year